I am so sad to say goodbye. Not because she won't be doing interesting and good works, teaching and traveling, making a real home in a third world country. But because it is such a LONG assignment- 18 more months- and no more traveling back to the US for her. I need something to look forward to within a 3 month span. Plus, its hard not to hear from her and, with baby, it will be awhile before we can travel to see her although I hope to do so in fall 2011.
I said goodbye in person last week, but privately hoped perhaps I would go into labor so she could fly up again and delay her return. Meg is courageous and positive and completely adept at Peace Corp'ing- what joy to be a sister to someone like Meg! Louisa's pretty cool too (reference Honduras, ministry and being awesome). Love and safe travels to Meg. Is it wrong to wish a peaceful coup on an African nation so they would reject US Visas and send my sister back to me?
No comments:
Post a Comment