Instead, we have dinkitdennursery. I'm really thankful for the time we have lived in a small urban space because we've become more frugal about acquisitions of STUFF. Everytime I want to buy shoes, I have to think seriously about where they will go and what I will throw out to make room. Luckily, I'm not sentimental about anything, so I happily toss everything possible.
To make room for baby we obtained an 8x10 storage unit, and FILLED it. All sorts of stuff. Our china cabinet (the awesome medicine cabinet Greg and Julie gave us) became a baby cabinet. The crib (courtesy of Jim and Margaret) is where our table used to be, a changing table will roll out from under the counter, and, since our bedroom cannot accomodate a queen size bed AND a Pack and Play or regular bassinet, we were given an Arm's Reach bassinet. Even before the bassinet came, I had to suck in my belly to get between the door and bedpost to enter the bedroom.
Because Eric has had a tough schedule, half alive when home and only home on weekends (until week 39, thank goodness), we had one day of possible heavy lifting, long arms, tall man- usefulness before I hit 38 weeks. We were MACHINES. Costco, Babies R Us, assembly of it all- EVERYTHING in one day. Carseat, stroller, bottles, diapers, everything.
Thank you so much for all the gifts at my shower!
Without the gifts, I would be eating PBJ for the next year (and I wouldn't let Eric buy his natural unsweetened peanut butter either. It would be Jiff.)
No comments:
Post a Comment