Having a back massage and yes, that is
butt paste!
At Ball's Hamburgers
So we are in the midst of moving. Three weeks ago we traveled with baby and dog to Dallas and have been camping with my parents. Eric has been working out of town for the last three weeks, trekking to every time zone and then spent the weekend with his wonderful father, Greg, moving all of our stuff out of the Boston apartment, into a Penske truck and down to Dallas. 72 hours with a 16 foot truck hauling the Honda behind, door to door.
The sleepless exhausted road travelers arrived Sunday night and commenced to UNLOAD all the stuff at our new house Monday AM. Eric then got up at 4 AM to catch a 5:15 AM flight to Charlotte tuesday morning.
We cannot move quite yet- the house is having floors redone; however, this gave us the opportunity to paint the nursery.
By "we" I mean- the grandparents in residence- Marmie, and mostly Jim and Greg. They painted like fiends while I ate pizza and nursed. Marmie then took over fussy baby duty and I moved some boxes around. Baby Hal has the MOST wonderful grandparents any baby could dream up and I have to devote a column to Grandpa Greg and Grandma Julie. Julie came to visit for a week in Boston and held a fussy baby 99% of her time, helped me feel a little more confident in my efforts with baby AND entertained and cooked for some tired parents.
Greg helped us make this huge move to Dallas, where we will still be far away from the Hart clan. Nonetheless, he was cheerful, held baby everytime baby seemed to have a dirty diaper and put more strain on joints carrying boxes, loading furniture and painting baby's room.
I think Eric and I will start charging physical labor for every baby visit!
I find myself with seemingly free time, but they never tell you how nursing and holding fussy ones eats up all of it. OK, they always tell you. But I didn't listen!
If Hal, Eric and I can live through this month with my pediatric boards coming up (80% pass rate- kind of extremely scary), moving into a new house (not knowing where my books are!), constant fussiness, and Eric working his butt off across the nation, then we will give ourselves a big star (and maybe a night out).
If you see me or call me, please give me your opinion on how bad my roots are- whether I should go for a darker chestnut color or back to good old blonde- and give me tips for moving baby into the nursery crib and out of the bassinet- I'm terrified!
Hooray for Grandparents!!
You were born blond. Keep those angelic, golden curls!
ReplyDelete