Friday, May 13, 2011

Marmie's Birthday! And Mother's Day

The last few weeks have provided fewer opportunities for picture taking and we were pretty busy so I haven't blogged, but I have a few from Marmie's (grandma Margaret) birthday.

Technically it was May 8th and her birthday is the 9th, but it was also Mother's Day and my poor mom always suffers through combined celebrations. Dad made a FABULOUS layer cake with raspberry and buttercream.

Thank goodness for my mom. She watches Hal everyday while I work and he loves her so much. The older I get, the more I ask her advice and opinion and value her input highly. I feel as though there is a database in my brain entirely for questions I need to ask my mom at all times from the practical to philosophical.
Why is my baby always only in a diaper?





For Mothers Day, Hal bought me a cover with a light for my Kindle (which is the other reason I am not as frequent blogging as I should be!) and a foam play mat for himself for the kitchen. Eric facilitated a lovely breakfast and on Saturday we hiked at the Cedar Ridge Reserve- very nice albeit a good 25 min drive.

Its funny- I don't think of myself as a "Mother" - "mother"s are people who provide guidance, discpline, wisdom (whether seen that way or not) and usually some amount of mild mental pathology. OK, I might give Hal some anxieties or whatever, but I'm more "clingy monkey mommy" not a "mother," as we don't really discuss life or have learning moments or yell because someone touched the stove or made a decision to eat dog food.

Mostly he just clings to me rather frequently and sometimes he prefers me to everyone else (except Georgie always), so I feel like just a clingy monkey mommy. If we need to have cake and gifts to recognize the fact that my infant clings to me and I move him about all the time and cut up pieces of sausage for him, then I'm all for it!

Things Hal is doing:
-LOVING LOVING "outside"- knows the word and looks out the door everytime you say it
-LOVING LOVING reading reading reading
-Loving his drumsticks - taking one everywhere
-Sleeping on his side and rolling to his belly, practicing crawling in bed (but in no way actually crawling yet. argh)
-Eating when I turn around and stop watching/cajoling him in his high chair
-LOVES Ikea meatballs, mango, giant pieces of bread

I am so lucky to be his monkey mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment