Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A New Appreciation

Baby hit 7 pounds 15 ounces today, on day of life 18!
I am very thankful he passed his birthweight- we had some iffy days there where he did not latch without expressing his angst about the idea and calling for heady negotiations. We also had the challenge of some serious lopsidedness which has relented. I am proud to say he has only had 1 oz of formula, which he received while waiting for a serum bilirubin to return. So far Hal has been a very good baby, fussing mostly during these long marathon feeds he likes twice daily, and is awake most of the day. He sleeps well at night- I often have to wake him up at night as my poor front cannot tolerate more than 4 hours between feeds!
As I am well aware, and warn parents especially leaving the nursery, this will most assuredly all change. (At least, if you count on it, there's a chance they might not) New problems will present themselves!
And next week we have the added challenge of changing locales- moving to Dallas with baby gear in tow, but waiting a few weeks to move into our new home.
So grandparent time it is!
Julie came and stayed with us last week for 5 days and was a tremendous help with baby- allowing me to take showers, do laundry, sleep a little longer, and go get clothes now that pre-pregnancy clothes are too small but maternity clothes are too big and my shirts seem to be engineered to make breastfeeding difficult. I hope she had a good time, despite doing a lot of cooking and cleaning! Hal responded so well to his grandma, just loving her singing and talking to him.
(If you see me around town in the same 3 outfits over and over and over, you know why)
Eric went back to work this week and is out of town- finally, the house to myself! Wait a minute... Crap. Baby and dog and four flights (albeit working elevator) with busy street down below= BAD combination. But Eric is missing his baby, and we love him for working so hard for us.
Speaking of which, laundry is ready in the basement so I will cart baby downstairs and spend >$20 on these last loads- cannot wait for a washer and dryer of our own!

I am taking video and photos to document baby on my iphone primarily so it can be sent directly to dad and grandparents, but will upload some as soon as I get my act together to update ITunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment