Aunt and Uncle Willzabeast!!
Waiting for the car to come around...
Aha! Discovered!
Oh please oh please let me smell him!
His head just doesn't smell like most dogs I've met.
Good to be home.
I have to stop procrastinating by reading silly magazines and wandering in and out of the kitchen, and POST!
Baby came, boy did he. I keep looking at him and am astounded I was carrying this guy. I was walking miles and miles before delivery and did not feel very heavy or full of A REAL PERSON! Such a strange experience!
He waited for induction at 41 weeks (highly recommended, by the way- no post-dates future babies for me!) We did pitocin right off, broke my water somewhere between 5-7, and got an epidural. Could not move my legs AT ALL- new experience for me, but hard to say that the epidural is great as being paralyzed was uncomfortable as well, and I wasn't the best pusher. Seemed so easy watching from the pedi corner at the warmer these past 3 years. 2.5 hours of pushing, and vacuum employed. To my credit, baby had a head circumference in 90th percentile and I had a bladder with >1 L of fluid cathed after delivery. But, thank the Good Lord, he came out with the vacuum and avoided C section.
I was pretty beat up as predicted and still having some troubles with my stiches (3 visits back to OB this week- more than baby for his weight checks!) Baby had a brief vacuum circle to his head and a nice cephalohematoma, which resolved quickly for pictures with grandparents.
Eric was a great coach and yeller throughout the delivery and my parents flew in to see the new baby (my mom spending most of the week with pregnant me, sorry for her). Louisa and Will- Willzabeast- also came and were great support, took awesome pictures, and were general cheerleaders for new Hal.
I did not pull it together to look decent for any pictures, sadly. But will post some anyway. Although I'm sure you've seen them on facebook already.
You are a beautiful madonna! God gives new babies to the young for lots of reasons! Keep these posts coming!
ReplyDelete