We also had Cathie Walsh (on her birthday!) and my mom over for dinner (my mother brought all the delicious food and Cathie brought the wine- the way to dine!) Julie was very kind and generous and seeing our decrepit vacuum from the Nixon era (at least), bought us a new Oreck which is awesome. She also bought Hal some books, brought him a John Deere outfit and lots of socks (very needed), a drum, a bookshelf for his crazy book collection, and bubbles.
So, basically, it felt like Christmas.
Wednesday night, Julie put Hal to bed allowing us to escape to dinner at Bolsa and feel sort of hip and young. Eric, charming and impressionable husband that he is, took the heavy hints that I wanted to get a Kindle for mother's day from Hal and bought me one early. I read Tina Fey's memoir and trying to get through a parenting book a colleague had recommended I recommend to patients. In additional acquisitions, we planted a Japanese Maple tree in the front yard. Yes, if you know our area of Dallas, its super trendy, but looks so lovely and hides a bald spot on the brick front of the house. (yes, the house was embarrassed).
We are wading through oak pollen. You know that amazing tree in our backyard? Well, its sweating/pooping/vomiting oak pollen all over us, into our house, etc... The dog is covered 90% of the time and now looks green; the pollen can be found inside the DVD player. Not kidding.
We are sad to see Julie go and my parents will be leaving for Malawi for 2.5 weeks on wednesday. I am so excited for them!!! But we will miss them too. Hal and Consuelo are going to be best friends for a few weeks as I will be working half days 5 days a week. All these pictures are from the same day- look at all we did!
No comments:
Post a Comment