Alright, I know someone may have bought me something that falls into this category. I'm sorry, but I've got to express my distaste of baby labels. BARF.
http://mommyonthespot.blogspot.com/2009/11/baby-clothes-and-self-fulfilling.html
This blogging mom echoes my sentiments!
Today I went looking for onesies that were plain and simple, colors maybe stripes.
I found everything had a "cutie pie" "doggone cute" "monkey business" "causin' trouble" "mommy's little monster" "daddy's favorite monkey" "troublemaker"
saying on it.
I'm sure girls are worse with the princess and diva labels. But it seems so corny/cruel to label a newborn with a personality. I guess I'm a bit sensitive having seen parents in clinic who complain their 4 month old is "just like Uncle Joey" who is now in prison on capital murder charges or who think their 2 month old is crying to get revenge on them for some past offense.
When the baby cries is it because he's a "little troublemaker?" or because he's hungry?
Oh wait, its because he's upset he's being compared to an animal before he's even verbal. BARF.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Note to self...:) BabyGap sometimes has plain onesies. I have some cute solid white onesies from there. And, sometimes you can find mostly plain onesies with only a single little football or baseball or something like that. Good luck! Oh, and online you can order them with anything (or nothing) on them.
ReplyDeleteYou Watkii help us all feel cosmopolitan (the old sense, traveled). Love the blog!
ReplyDelete