I was four months this week but my mom never got me into handsome clothes to take my picture until today. Its a few days late, but in that time I've only learned to stop myself in my jumperoo by standing on my toes like a ballerina, and how to cross my ankles and yank them apart again.
So no biggie.
At my office visit, I weighed 14.5 lbs, and was 25 in long. I can't remember my head circumference because I only keep track of my height, but, as you can see, its largish.
My grandpappers (no name given yet) did my exam during lunch on his day off!
And I got shots which make me moody and disinclined to sleep more than 3 hours at a time for several days (here's hoping it ends)
If you want to keep me entertained (which I demand), you should sing from the Music Man (Lida Rose, preferably), make fart noises (my favorite), and dance like an idiot (because you might be one). I have no time for my playmat, so stop putting me on it, please. I insist on rolling onto my belly every chance I get, but once there I cry at my inability to crawl ninja-style and fruitlessly fling my legs above my butt over and over. I can only be quieted by Lida Rose or a book. And none of this Pat the Bunny. I won't have it. Only Run Away Bunny or Goodnight Moon will do. They are the tastiest.
I plan to buy a ski-doo.
But, seriously, I've been told its for my own piano someday.
We'll see.
Right now the only point of the thing is to accompany Music Man themes for my benefit and produce vibrations for my bum in the Bumbo.
Watch me eat my medicine dropper like a cigar!
A note from my mom:
What a strange coincidence! While Eric and my dad were following Craigslist ads for pianos and calling and visiting different instruments, my dad came upon a Sherman number listed with an excellent 6 foot Kawai piano. He left a message and received one back. Listening to the message, he thought it sounded like good Sherman friend, Dr. Maneeb Mellem.
Back-referencing the number, he found out it was indeed Dr. Mellem!
We grew up with the Mellems in Sherman- Monika and Megan were good friends and I remember playing Chopstix many a time on that piano. I saw Monika this spring in Boston Common and got to catch up- she's a PhD, married and living in D.C.!
Dr. Mellem was so kind to sell us the piano at quite a discounted rate, and we will love it, play it nightly, and treat it with great care. I remember falling asleep hearing my parents' Steinway played downstairs and the comfort and joy it can bring in childhood. I hope it is the same for Hal.
It is one of those things- meant to be? coincidence? You know how God works in those coincidences.
No comments:
Post a Comment